Monday, March 5, 2012

Round 2

So, as I said in my last post, Roseola is contagious, especially to younger children... yeah, I am pretty sure my son has it too now.  Thank goodness we had such a good morning.  Both kids were in great moods, they were playing together well, the were both being cuddly.  This lasted until about 2 hours, and then... the evil came forward.  This day was honestly hard enough that I thought about how I wished I was at work and not at home. :-/  I do not like that I felt that way.  I think the hardest thing for me to handle is my daughter's whining.  She is only 9 months old, so she does not speak much yet.  Instead, she whines, all the time, if you do not understand her she just continues to whine.  I do not know why, but this is about the most annoying/frustrating sound on earth to me.  It is worse than someone running their fingernails over a chalkboard.  Oh my goodness, I was about to go out of my mind. I am sad to say that I was honestly looking forward to their nap time.  When they finally went down for a nap, I was relieved.  I honestly just sat... in silence, for a while.

They usually sleep for about 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon.  My son woke up after about 45 minutes, screaming.  Now, this is not normal.  Both of my kids typically wake up calm and happy.  So, I rush into the room to find out what is going on.  I pick him up, and he is BURNING up.  I took his temperature and he has a 103 degree temperature.  Since he never had Roseola when he was a baby, I am pretty sure this is what was going on.  :-(  Poor little guy.  I gave him some ibuprofen and he went back to sleep for a while.  He did wake up crying again though.  When my husband got home, I went straight for the long, hot shower... today, this was my Touch of Tranquility...

No comments:

Post a Comment