Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies!

So, tonight I decided to try a new recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I had found.  I have been looking for a recipe in which the centers of the cookie stay chewy while the edges are crunchy. The recipe was a little odd looking to me because it had cornstarch in it, and I have never added cornstarch to a cookie recipe.  However, I decided we might as well try it.  What's the worst that could happen with chocolate chip cookies.  I mean come on, they have chocolate chips in them.  I am pretty sure we would 'find a way' to get rid of them no matter the outcome.  :-)

So, I looked up the recipe again on Food Network Canada's website: http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Dessert/Chocolate/recipe.html?dishid=2633 and went to work.

I did adjust the recipe slightly.  I used 1/4 cup less brown sugar and I used 'No Salt' in place of the salt.

The final result...

... perfection!

This is my new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment